SAP Enterprise portal provides features to access data of different systems from one place based on the user's role. The front end components are based on NetWeaver platform and one can get unified view of all functions from one point. The users can see value chain of the organization, define roles to access information, inform the users about their duties, communicate to the members of the system and take decisions depending on the information provided by the senior or junior members.
The Enterprise Portal component is one of the components of the service oriented architecture which extends to the three tiers of the client server architecture and the information can be gained and transferred from the front end component through internet or intranet.
SAP CRM can be integrated to SAP Portal through I-View and the software is called People Centric CRM. The screens of SAP CRM are called PCUI Screens and BSP application such as IC Webclient can also be integrated to SAP portal. The users can define portal roles such as a call centre agents or management roles and work area of the user is defined depending on the role.
The package of Enterprise Portal Package includes NetWeaver components such as the portal, collaboration and Knowledge management.
Some of the features of the solution are -
1. Its features are - Content Management System (in NetWare portal), Single Sign-On, Unified Interaction (to application in terms of look and function), Content Maintenance, Navigation (across various features of the portal), Personalized Content Presentation and Content Delivery and Distribution.
2. The service oriented architecture comprises the users, their information, applications and processes. The flexible architecture allows new users to adapt to the functionalities with ease which is an advantage over Microsoft's product.
3. It provides a central platform from where a user can see all the necessary data of an organization, access applications, services and processes within the company.
4. Users can have role based access to the systems and the content provided is very secure and easy to display through internet.
5. One can access information, applications located in other systems or database using internet or intranet service and from one entry point the user can use all the structured and unstructured data. One can see the data analysis and knowledge management feature using the internet or intranet.
6. Roles are defined for the employees, suppliers, customers, business partners and every individual can access the information based on the rights defined for the users.
7. Users need only a browser and a workstation to access the system and they can log-in into the portal to do a transaction.
8. One can use the CRM features or view database related information, run personalized processes of marketing, service, campaign management, reports etc by using a single sign.
9. The integration of BW and enterprise portal enables the buyer to work closely with the members of the company and one can insert notes and key features to get the reports.
10. The Portal has an easy integration with R/3 and it suits medium sized companies that are using SAP solutions.