Microsoft was founded in 1975 and the software gained market after the launch of MS-DOS in 1980s. Later Windows were developed and Microsoft's mission was to see computer in every home just like TV or other home gazette, and the company grew from small vendor of home computer to one of the biggest seller of the product. Some of the commonly used software products of company are Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
The company also manufactures a number of software and hardware products such as windows line operating system, mouse, keyboards and home entertainment systems. Microsoft has four server products designed to suit the needs of different organization i.e. MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, MS BizTalk Server and Small Business Server. Since the products are commonly used by organizations, it makes MS ERP user friendly and acceptable - which can be easily installed on the servers and integrated to other Microsoft's products.
Microsoft Dynamics has a list of four primary ERPs namely: Dynamics GP, Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV and Dynamics SL. Microsoft Dynamics include ERPs and CRM software, and a number of features are provided by the software. Let's look at the major features of this business application in Microsoft Dynamics review.
1. Microsoft Dynamics AX is designed to provide solution to large organizations and it can provide ERP across countries and locations.
2. Dynamics GP is taken from Great Plains and it enables business management to large and mid-sized organizations. Its tenth version was released in May 2010 and the software integrates solution for changing market situation.
3. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is designed to provide industry specific solution to companies.
4. Dynamics SL can provide project driven solution to midsized organization.
5. Dynamics CRM is designed to provide solution to organizations located in many countries. The software is featured to provide multi lingual service and some of the modules integrated are - sales, marketing and service.
6. MS Reporter is used to provide analysis of data and financial reporting. It can provide immediate reports of different modules from the data and the reports can be stored at a centralized location which can be controlled by windows authentication system and the SQL Server database.
7. Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 provides solution to retail stores and Microsoft Dynamics RMS is designed for small and midsized retailers.
Dynamics ERP modules includes Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Executive Management, IT Management, Collaboration, Business Intelligence, Financial Planning & Budgeting and Software-plus-services.
Some of the features of the software
1. The strong points of the software are its strong integrations which allow the user to connect the complete supply chain and get financial reports which helps in business planning and regulatory compliance.
2. It is easy to use and is designed to provide present and future requirements of the company.
3. Many functions are automated to reduce repetition.
4. Many industry specific solutions are provided by the ERP solutions to organizations in construction sector, distribution, education, financial service, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, transport and shipping. Microsoft Dynamics AX is designed specifically for retail and it provides modules such as store management, SCM and point of sale.
This Microsoft Dynamics review has covered all the major advantages, disadvantages and features of this software.